by Bonk's MulletHey folks! Hope you've had a great summer.
I'll be honest with you. After the loss of David Legwand, we considered shutting this site down altogether. Why even follow a Legwand-less Senators squad? I'm still searching for answers.
Anyway, if you're still into the Sens, it's likely that BonksMullet.com is your home page. We're still working on an app that makes our site the wallpaper of your phone, but for now you'll have to keep taking screenshots and updating your wallpaper with each new post. I apologize for the inconvenience.
While we're developing that, we thought we'd put out a call for new writers. Many of our staff have moved on to other worthy ventures such as new careers, attending university, or free-form jazz slam poetry. With that in mind, I'd like to put out an open call for new writers for our site.
We've already added bRian and Rob to the site for the upcoming season, but there's still room on the bench for a few more folks.
- Write humour articles, produce videos, make comics, create photoshops, etc. You're free to make anything that is funny and Sens-related. We don't do serious posts because there's other blogs that do that much better, so really make sure these are humour articles only.
- There's no minimum requirement for posting. It's all up to you as to how much you'll be involved. We're not in this business to make money.
- Oh yes, you won't make money.
- You may also get to help organize Sens Summer Fan Fest, the Sens Blogger Classic, Sens Money on the Board, and various other Sens blogosphere-related event
- To apply, send me one or two sample blog posts for the type of content you'd like to produce for the site. If you're interesting in writing blogs, try to keep the sample posts between 500 and 2000 words.
- Please submit these posts to email@example.com by Friday, September 18th. I'll still accept entries after this date, but I'll be much madder at you.
- I should stress again that this isn't actually a job. In fact it will likely cost you more that it will help you.
So that's it! Details to follow on our Bring Back David Legwand Rally at Parliament Hill.