Photoshop Gameday Preview- Ottawa @ Washington
by Kevin Lee
The Ottawa Senators travel to the capital of the United States tonight to face the struggling Washington Capitals. The Senators are looking to rebound after a poor effort at home against the New York Rangers. In their last meeting with the Capitals, the Senators came out victorious and hope to continue that trend tonight. Will they?
- On our way to Washington, our photographer stopped by Binghamton and snuck into the homes of Jim O'Brien, Derek Grant, JG Pageau, Mike Hoffman, and Stephane Da Costa. The same object was found in all of them:
|Looks like Mark Stone is out with a hand injury. You heard it here first.|
- It looks like Da Costa's voodoo doll was the one that worked as he's been called up following a Mark Stone injury. Unfortunately, with no seats additional seats available on the flight to Washington, it was up to Cory Conacher to use some of his extra leg room to get Da Costa on board:
|Just don't tell Conacher Da Costa raising a child these days.|
- With Craig Anderson being named starter, Robin Lehner took another day backing him up in stride. During the Senators game day skate, Lehner was spotted wearing a new hat, throwing his support behind an unexpected player:
|Did he steal that hat from Ovechkin? Why does Ovechkin have a Senators hat?|
- Unfortunately for Robin, Alex Ovechkin is reportedly a game-time decision with a lower body injury. Clearly Da Costa's call-up has had a bigger impact than we all expected:
|Ovi deserved a kick in the shin for those boot cut jeans|
- Finally, ex-Leafs Clarke MacArthur and Mikhail Grabovski were spotted hanging out together before the game. Reports say they've done some deep, inward reflecting and they have no hard feelings towards the Leafs organization:
|Always wear your helmet when you drink, kids.|
Enjoy the game!