Photoshop Gameday Preview- Ottawa @ Boston
by Capital Gains
It's game day! The Sens are in Boston to take on the Bruins this afternoon. Ottawa is coming into this game on a two-game winning streak after beating St. Louis on Tuesday and Buffalo on Thursday. This is the Senators' last game before a two week break for the Olympics, so we expect a big game out of them. Here are your story lines for this afternoon's game:
- Despite playing well in the past few games, Stephane Da Costa has been reassigned to Binghamton. Many reports have said that this move was not necessarily a demotion, but just an attempt to get him playing during the Olympic break. Those reports are wrong. The reason Da Costa was sent down is because it's too hard to balance a job on TV while filling the demands of being an NHL player.
- Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek have both had disappointing seasons thus far, but it looks like that's all about to change. Over the past few games, Spezza and Michalek are starting to play like the "All Stars" they were in the 2011-2012 season, which means that they should have a big game this afternoon.
- Bruins' Captain Zdeno Chara will not be in the lineup today, which is good news for the Sens. The reason Chara is missing the game is because he was responsible for carrying Slovakia's Flag during the Olympic's opening ceremonies.
- Earlier this week Matt Kassian was nervous for his team and their game against the Penguins. He did not play in that game, but he is drawing back into the lineup today, which means that the nerves are back again. Not having anymore fingernails to bite on, teammate Marc Methot decided to give Kassian a hand and take care of the nails on his feet.
- Joe Corvo is a healthy scratch again today. Instead of travelling to Boston, he boarded a different flight Thursday, one that took him to Sochi. He arrived in Sochi late Thursday night, which was just enough time for him to make an appearance during the opening ceremonies: