Photoshop Game Day Preview- Ottawa @ Philadelphia
by Capital Gains and Bonk's Mullet
It's game day! The Ottawa Senators are in Philadelphia to take on the Flyers tonight. The Sens are looking to rebound back from a 4-1 loss against Bob Rossky and the Blue Jackets. Here are your big story lines for tonight's game:
- This is the first and last time this season that the Sens visit the City of Brotherly Love. You should expect to see great chemistry tonight between "Brothers" Kyle Turris and Erik Condra.
- Local boy Bobby Ryan is playing in front of his hometown fans for the first time in a Senators uniform. Once arriving in Philly, he caught up with his childhood hero, The Phillie Phanatic. On Wikipedia, his role with the Phillies is described as, "Taunting the visiting team by dancing provocatively in front of their dugout, mocking the actions of their players, and smashing or stomping on an object... representing the team." which means Daniel Alfredsson should be able to find employment when he retires.
- Tonight marks Chris Neil's 800th NHL game - all played with the Senators. Dean Brown and Denis Potvin threw him a little ceremony to celebrate this achievement:
- The first meeting this season between the two teams ended in a 5-0 victory for the Flyers. Since then, Ray Emery's girlfriend, Keshia Chanté and Senators goalie Robin Lehner got into a Twitter "dispute." The Lehner was spotted downtown Philadelphia today doing what we presume to be his normal workout routine. After being seen by Lehner, the camera man luckily escaped with the photographic evidence.
|He then took advantage of a rare opportunity to see Vermeer's A Young Woman Seated at a Virginal in the Philadelphia Museum of Art.|
- Chris Phillips is feeling some effects of a flu virus. Bad news: He can't enjoy any cheese steaks. More bad news: He is expected to play.
|Spezza gave me expired merlk.|
- Bonk's Mullet is heading to the game tonight. Here is his take on the upcoming tilt:
Hello mullettes! It's a beautiful sunny day here in Philadelphia... as always. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? The last time the Sens were in town in March, the team was on a hefty losing streak and needed my motivation to get out of the slump. I did the only thing I knew how to do and went #Rihannaing at the Wells Fargo center.
As documented by TSN's Kate McKenna (for some reason), I found out that this act was in fact illegal in Pennsylvania, apparently. As is tradition in the NHL, instead of changing my ways, I've instead hired additional protection in the form of support from Ottawa Senators defenceman Marc Methot.
- Update: We've received a gift courtesy of our friends over at Welcome To Your Karlsson Years. They feared for Mullet's safety tonight and wanted him to to be prepared.
|Philadelphia: Where everyone has a knockout set of D's, regardless of gender|
Enjoy the game tonight! Chet will have the game summary, while Mullet will add any insight he gains on the premises.