Photoshop Gameday Preview - Ottawa @ Montreal
by Capital Gains
It's game day! Do you remember those? After what seems like a second Olympic break, the Sens are in Montreal to take on the Habs ce soir. Ottawa's last game resulted in a 4-3 OT loss to the Nashville Predators. Since then, the Sens have had 4 days off to watch some movies, practice their pirate impersonations, and even showcase their hockey skills to the fans. Here are the story lines for tonight's game:
- The big winners from the annual Sens Skills Competition were forwards Mika Zibanejad (hardest shot), Milan Michalek (faster skater) and Bobby Ryan (accuracy shooting). Although these 3 excelled in the on ice events, no one could match up against Matt Kassian when it came to the Hot Dog eating section of the competition. Kassian is a healthy scratch again tonight, which means he gets another 3 hours of practice time for next year's big event.
- Clarke MacArthur will return to the lineup tonight after missing the game against Nashville due to a hand injury. Line mate Kyle Turris is happy to have his left winger back;
- Craig Anderson was injured (twice) during the Nashville game and he has not practiced since. This means that for the first time in over 2 weeks, Robin Lehner will be the starter.
- Cody Ceci was also injured in the game against the Predators as he took a Shea Weber shot to the side of his head. The extended break gave him a little extra time to heal, which means he will be back in the lineup tonight. Ceci's defensive partner Chris Phillips was excited to hear about the good news;
- Ales Hemsky has recorded 3 assists in each of his last two games. He and Spezza have been lights out for the team the past two games, so expect more of the same tonight.